Although when you visit A&E you often receive excellent treatment and service, things can go wrong. Usually you attend because you need urgent medical treatment. A&E Departments are usually very busy and the staff are working under pressure. Even so, you are entitled to a high standard of care.
When this care falls below the required standards, it may result in you or a loved one suffering additional complications. In cases such as these, you can claim compensation against the A&E Department by contacting our medical negligence solicitors that specialise in A&E claims.
Our Client Promise
Our specialist lawyers will be able to advise you on whether you have a good chance of claiming compensation, as well as assessing your claim’s value. All of our initial consultation work is free and the vast majority of claims go on to be funded by a conditional fee agreement (also known as “no win, no fee”).
We pride ourselves on our customer service. As part of our customer promise, we will seek to obtain an early settlement for you. In some cases we are able to obtain interim compensation payments on your behalf. We also aim to ensure that you get all the rehabilitation support that you need.
Assessment of A&E Claims
A&E claims usually result from problems in one or more of the following areas: –
- Triage – Were you assessed by an appropriately-qualified person and did they assess your problem correctly?
- Delay – Was there an unreasonably long delay in you being seen or assessed, or was there a delay in a referral to an appropriate specialist?
- Medical History – Did the A&E staff ask you appropriate questions about your previous illnesses and medication?
- Referral – Did the A&E staff refer you on to the appropriate specialist department specific to your condition/symptoms?
- Investigation – Were appropriate examinations and tests undertaken?
- Diagnosis – Was your illness/injury properly diagnosed?
Starting your Medical Negligence claim
When you contact us we will seek to understand the detail of the injury/illness you have experienced and establish whether you encountered any of the above problems in your A&E diagnosis or treatment.
Once we have established the facts, we will be able to provide you with some initial advice. Our dedicated team of solicitors will also talk you through the claim process so you can make an informed decision on whether to progress your claim.
Call our expert Medical Negligence Solicitors now on 0844 800 9860 for a free consultation or contact us online.